Europe in Action 2011 – Annual IE conference
Family Action for the Inclusion of the People with Intellectual Disabilties in the Society
Date: 12-14 May 2011
Place: Larnaca, Cyprus
Info: This conference will look at the necessary action that governments, local authorities, family associations, self-advocates and volunteers can take to support and mobilise families.
Project Accommodating Diversity for Active Participation in European elections
Date : 30-31 May 2011
• Purpose – To discuss the accessibility of elections in Europe for people with intellectual and physical disabilities, the elderly and EU residents living in another EU country.
• To launch the project results – Best Practice Brochure, Policy Recommendations and Guide for National Associations on how to Campaign for more Accessible Elections.
• Attended by – representatives from organisations for people with disabilities, the elderly, EU citizens’ rights, from the European institutions, self-advocates and other relevant stakeholders.
Project Children’s right for all
Date: 20-21 October 2011
- Purpose – to gather disability and children’s rights experts to discuss the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child from the perspective of children with intellectual disabilities
- To launch the National Reports from 23 European countries and the European Comparative Report.
- Attended by – representatives from organisations for people with learning disabilities and children’s rights, from the European institutions and other relevant stakeholders.
The European Conference for Self-Advocates
Hear Our Voices!
Date: 30 September – 2 October 2011
Place: Peniche, Protugal
Info: This conference brings together self-advocates from all over Europe in order to share their experience and define their views on a number of common issues, thus strengthening the European Self-Advocacy Movement.
The self-advocates will also discuss the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, looking into possible ways of getting involved in the monitoring of its implementation.
Inclusion Europe (IE) is the European voice and representation of over 60 member organizations of people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Founded in 1988, Inclusion Europe has an almost 20-year track record of successful operation and defending the rights of its constituency.
For more information, please contact