The 10 things we want to see happening in the near future
#30yearsofInclusion – Inclusion Europe turns 30 in 2018!
- What are 30 highlights from the past years?
- What are the 10 most important issues we worked on this year?
- And what are the 10 things we want to see happening in the near future?
Below is part 3 of our series:
The 10 things we want to see happening in Europe in the near future:
- Everyone with an intellectual disability has their legal capacity recognised, and has the right to vote.
- Institutions are gone. People live independently and get support in the community.
- Every child can get an inclusive education at a mainstream school.
- Websites, ticketing machines, information from public authorities and companies …: Everything is accessible and easy-to-understand.
- People with intellectual disabilities are in paid work and receive fair pay.
- People with intellectual disabilities can easily get the healthcare they need. Their specific situation is taken into account by hospital staff.
- Women with intellectual disabilities are no longer discriminated against. They can live without the fear of abuse.
- Parents with intellectual disabilities get the assistance they need so they can raise their children.
- People with complex support needs are no longer seen as a “special case”, as people that cannot be included: They are part of society.
- Family members of people with intellectual disabilities get the right support: financially, emotionally and through support persons, so they can be just that: family members.